About Healing Well and Living Free
Are you or someone you love…
- Keeping secrets about your relationship because you feel ashamed or fear no one will believe you?
- Isolating from family or friends?
- Permitting yourself to be treated with disrespect, disregard or disdain?
- Minimizing or making excuses for an intimate partner’s harmful behavior?
- Rationalizing that stress or some other reason is the cause for their “acting out”?
- Feeling afraid of your intimate partner?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, you may be in abusive relationship.
One out of every four women in the United States, and one in three globally, will experience some form of domestic violence or abuse in her lifetime. Through Dr. Ramona’s own powerful personal story of coming out of an abusive relationship, along with her twenty years of experience as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Healing Well and Living Free from an Abusive Relationship takes readers through a proven, step-by-step process for moving from victim to survivor to overcomer.
With understanding and empathy, Dr. Ramona encourages readers to:
- Begin to look at their own story
- Call it what it is… Abuse
- Understand the mindset of an abuser
- Recognize the cyclical pattern of abuse
- Work through the tough questions
- Understand what forgiveness is and is not
- Learn to listen to their gut again
- Identify what safe and healthy love looks like
- Find a healthy support system, and more.
Dr. Ramona provides questions for further reflection at the end of each chapter. Readers are encouraged to go through the book individually, with a trained domestic violence counselor, or as part of a support group. Each chapter also ends with a simple, heartfelt prayer and Scriptural promises that readers can apply to their situation.*
“You are so much stronger than you realize. You are worth every bit of the effort that healing well and living free requires. You deserve everything it will bring. Most of all, you deserve to be free!”
*A note from Dr. Ramona: I understand that not everyone who reads this book may embrace faith in God. My desire is not to talk you into believing in God. Issues of this nature are matters we all get to decide. I simply share my story and how having an accurate understanding that I am fully loved and accepted was a huge catalyst to deep healing in me personally. I’m not here to pressure you. I’m merely here to love you where you’re at. No more, no less.